1．Were it not for the snowy weather, we __________all right.
A. would be B. would have been C. were D. may be
2. ________more careful, his ship would not have sunk.
A. If the captain were B. Had the captain been
C. Should the captain be D. If the captain would have been
3. If he _________ me tomorrow, I would let him know.
A. should call B. should not have been able
C. were not able D. are not able
4. If you asked your father, you ______________ permission.
A. may get B. might get C. should have called D. maybe get
5. _____________today, he would get there by Friday.
A. Would he leave B. was he leaving
C. Were he to leave D. If he leaves
6. ______I you, I would go with him to the party.
A. Was B. Had been C. Will be D. Were
7. The millions of calculations involved, had they been done by hand, __________all practical value by the time they were finished.
A. could lose B. would have lost
C. might lose D. ought to have lost