1. In front of the house was a tall tree, its top well above the tops of the other trees.
2. The mid-term examination was over, the final examination to come in two months.
3. The boy stood there, his eyes full of tears.
4. A young policeman stood in the street, holding a little red flag, his face red with cold.
5. The teacher sat in her chair, surrounded by her students, a happy look in her eyes.
6. With nothing to eat, he died of hunger.
7. A tall man came into the bank, wearing a pair of dark glasses, his face hidden by an upturned collar and a cap pulled over his brows.
8. Mary left the office with tears in her eyes.
9. Such being the case, you have no reasons for dismissing him.
10. He lay on his back, his teeth set, his right hand clenched on his breast, and his glaring eyes looking straight upward.